40 Hr HAZWOPER: GENERAL SITE WORKER
This certificate course meets and exceeds OSHA requirements for 29 CFR 1019.120(e) / CCR Title 8, 5192. The course is a dynamic and proven course covering all aspects of hazardous substances, hazardous waste handling and operations. HAZWOPER offers an array of subjects for beginning to advanced handlers. Students will will also perform hands on activities with various types of personal protective equipment, respirators, sampling equipment and more.
Students will participate in simulated hazardous materials cleanup and decontamination exercises.
- Hazard Communication Standard
- Medical Surveillance regulations
- HAZWOPER regulatory overview
- Toxicoloy, hazard recognition, physical hazards
- Respiratory protection & Chemical protective equipment
- Levels of protection (A, B, C, D)
- Decontamination practices
- Site safety plan development
- General safe work practices
- Container / drum handling
- SCBA usage
- Spill cleanup procedures